Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute (SSSMCRI), Chennai was founded in the year 2008. The institute is a prestigious Deemed University Status as the legendary parent institution, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry.
The college is approved by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi & Govt. of Tamilnadu for conducting MBBS course.
The college struggles to provide a professionally focused educational system, with fresh approaches to courses, introducing new ways to motivate their learners, make use of novel learning styles, introduce multiple intelligence, embracing global trends and ideas and to put it in a nutshell, making the art of teaching more exhilarating, enthusiastic and effective.
For getting admission into the institution, the students must meet the following requirements:
• Must have completed their higher secondary education conducted by the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary examination Board or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board.
• The Students should also have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% of marks in chemistry, physics and biology (which includes zoology & botany) in the very first attempt.
• In the case of candidates falling under reserved category like SC/OBC, the minimum aggregate of mark required is 40% within two attempts.
• In case, a student has attempted for improvement examination in any of the subjects he/she can submit that mark if and only if it is the first time improvement examination attempted by the student.
• Above all, the performance of the students in the entrance examination conducted by the institution under the guidance of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University will also be taken into consideration.