The college was permanently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik as well as University of Pune till it became a constituent unit of this University in 2003. The College as well as the undergraduate and postgraduate course offered was recognized by Medical Council of India. They are also recognized by General Medical Council, U.K and listed by World Health Organization, Geneva. The College has promoted international collaborations in all the thrust areas - medical care, education and research.
The institute has been in the process of blending the ongoing teaching methods such as Community Oriented Medical Education (COME), integrated teaching, micro teaching, and project based learning, into the PBL. The institute is planning to extend the PBL to other health sciences programs like dentistry, physiotherapy, nursing and para-medical.
|Department of Anatomy||Department of Physiology|
|Department of Bio Chemistry||Department of Microbiology|
|Department of Pathology||Department of Pharmacology|
|Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||Department of Preventive & Social Medicine|
|Department of Anaesthesiology||Department of General Medicine|
|Department of General Surgery||Department of Obsterics & Gynaecology|
|Department of Orthopaedics||Department of Paediatrics|
|Department of Oncology||Department of ENT|
|Department of Ophthalmology||Department of Radiology|
|Department of Psychiatry||Department of Dermatology|
|Department of Medical Informatics|
|Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS)|
|MD General Medicine||MD Paediatrics|
|MS General Surgery||MS Orthopaedics|
|MS Ophthalmology||MS Obst & Gynaecology|
|MS ENT||MD Radio diagnosis|
|MD Radiotherapy||MD Anaesthesiology|
|MD Preventive & Social Medicine||MD Pathology|
|MD Pharmacology||MD Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|MD Microbiology||MD Anatomy|
|Post Graduate (Diploma)|
|Diploma Child Health (DCH)||Diploma Orthopaedics (D'Ortho.)|
|Diploma Ophthalmology (DO)||Diploma Obst & Gynaecology (DGO)|
|Diploma Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD)||Diploma Radio-Therapy (DMRT)|
|Diploma Anaesthesiology (DA)||Diploma Pathology (DCP)|
|Diploma ENT (DLO)|
The Candidates seeking Admission for Post Graduate Medical Courses in Rural Medical College, Loni for academic year 2014-15 have to apply for the Entrance Exam (PIMS-AICET-PG 2014) conducted by Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University).
- Candidate seeking admission to postgraduate Medicine/Dentistry course should hold MBBS degree of recognized University by MCI.
- A candidate who has completed one year compulsory rotating internship or is likely to complete the same on or before 31st March, 2014 can appear for PIMS-AICET-PG 2014 .
- All such candidates will have to submit the documentary proof, from the Principal / Dean of the college regarding the likely date of completion of internship along with the manual application form, failing which the application shall be rejected.
- A candidate should have obtained permanent registration with MCI (as the case may be) or any state council. If candidate does not have such registration , he should obtain the same within one month from the date of his/her admission.
- Candidates who are previously registered and pursuing/completed the PG degree course or have obtained PG degree, are not eligible for appearing at PIMS-AICET-PG 2014.
- Candidates previously admitted to PG degree course and resigned/left the seat are not eligible for appearing at PIMS-AICET-PG 2014 .
- Candidates who have completed Medicine postgraduate diploma course or would be completing by 31st March, 2014 will be eligible for PIMS-AICET-PG 2014 for admission to Medicine postgraduate degree in the same subject only.
How to Apply ?
Candidates can apply to University courses using any of the following 3 options:
Download the application form from this website and send it to University by desired date.
The prospectus can be purchased from University Admissions office or by writing to the following addressn on payment of 1000/- (for by post add 200.00 towards postal charges). The DD should be drawn in the name of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni payable at Pune service branch.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences
Dist: Ahmednagar Maharashtra
The prospectus is available at following places in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune & Loni.
Pravara Transit Camp,
C - 23, Hauz Khas,
Ground Floor, Rear Portion,
New Delhi - 110 016
Dr. Vikhe Patil Foundatation's
Pravara Centre for Management Research & Development,
Near Patrakar Nagar,
opp. Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune. 411 016,
Pravara Medical Trust Office,
Kamana Housing Society,
Building No. 2, E/4,
Near Siddhi Vinayak Temple
Pravara Inst. of Medical Sciences
Loni -413736 Tal:Rahata
Dist: Ahemdnagar (Maharashtra)
The Application forms will be accepted only at The Office of the Competent Authority , PIMS-AICET-PG 2014 "Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni 413 736 Tal - Rahata, Dist - Ahmednagar, (Maharashtra)
Candidates should attach photocopy of Internship completion certificate/certificate indicating likely date of completion of internship along with application form.
The Demand Draft for the cost of Entrance Examination fees should ONLY be drawn on any Nationalised Bank and payable at Pune service Branch in favour of "Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni"